Twitter has announce there has been 6,049 tweets per second at the time this incident happened and continuing throughout the day.
Here is the list below to, Below is the list of highest Tweets Per Second which ever recorded.
• 8,868 TPS: Beyonce/MTV Video Music Awards (Aug. 28, 2011)
• 7,196 TPS: Japan Beats US In Women’s World Cup (July 17, 2011)
• 7,166 TPS: Brazil eliminated from Copa America (July 17, 2011)
• 6,939 TPS: New Year’s Eve 2011 (Dec. 31, 2010)
• 6,049 TPS: Steve Jobs death (Oct. 5, 2011)
• 5,531 TPS: Game 6 of NBA Finals, Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat (June 17, 2011)
• 5,530 TPS: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami (March 11, 2011)
• 5,500 TPS: East Coast Earthquake (Aug. 23, 2011)
• 5,106 TPS: Osama bin Laden killed (May 1, 2011)
As you can see the news of Beyonce announcing her pregnancy during the MTV Video Music awards as the all-time record holder.
In June 25th 2009, the time Michael Jackson death, there was only 456 TPS at that time and the real interesting thing is at that time TPS were hundreds but now its grown up to 7000 to 9000 TPS.
This is what Forbs.com reported “In fact, according to a Twitter spokeswoman, at the time the news was spreading, around 5 p.m. Pacific time Wednesday, the microblogging service’s internal data showed a rate of 6,049 tweets per second. That’s faster than people were tweeting after the announcement of Osama bin Laden’s killing (a little over 5,000 TPS), but well below the 8,868 TPS recorded during newly-pregnant Beyonce Knowles‘s performance at the MTV Video Music Awards last month.”
But how ever “Different Thinker” the “Great Inventor” is no more, Not only his products were milestones ( I Mac, I Pod, I Phone, I Pad ) but also his passing away from us also a milestone to social community. As well as Steve Jobs add another new word to tech dictionary – “I Sad”. We really miss you.